Uses of HIVE
1. The Apache Hive distributed storage.
2. Hive provides tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)
3. It provides the structure on a variety of data formats.
4. By using Hive, we can access files stored in Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS is used to querying and managing large datasets residing in) or in other data storage systems such as Apache HBase.
Why Hive is used inspite of Pig?
1. Hive-QL is a declarative language line SQL, PigLatin is a data flow language.
2. Pig: a data-flow language and environment for exploring very large datasets
3. Hive: a distributed data warehouse
Components of Hive